Thursday, March 29, 2007

phantom, finally!

12.00pm - marina square
w: what time is ur show?
me: 2pm
w: ok, still have time. let's walk-walk around for a bit first
me: ok. what abt my luggage?
w: leave it in the car. i'll drive u over to esplanade later. it's just opposite
me: ok

1.00pm
*phone ring*
n: where r u?
me: still at marina square with my cousin
n: ok, i saw yw oredi... faster come!
me: ok

1.20pm - sakae sushi, marina square
*phone ring*
n: where r u?
me: having lunch with my cousin
n: wahlao, still having lunch?? u better faster
me: ok ok...

1.45pm - basement car park, marina square
w: eh, where did we park the car ar?
me: erm... i dun remember ler
w: *mumbles* si liao, si liao... *mumble*
w: u remember from which direction we came from?
me: *slight panic* no...
w: *mumble* si liao, si liao... *mumble*
w: i remember we din walk too far from the car to the escalator ler...
me: ya lor, but where is it?
w: u remember from which direction we came from?
me: *panic* no...

1.50pm
*phone ring*
n: WHERE R U???
me: coming coming...
n: FASTER! they're calling liao!
me: *panic* i know! i'm coming.......

1.52pm
w: *mumble* si liao, si liao... *mumble*
w: i think u better run there urself... it's just opposite. then later after ur show, i'll come again to send u ur luggage
me: *panic* ok ok

1.54pm
*phone ring*
n: WHERE ARE YOU???
me: coming!!!
n: 6 more minutes before they close the door, dear! final call oredi!
me: ok ok! coming!!!


that was SO close! i just managed to squeeze in before they close the door! else i had to miss the opening act! *phew*

on the musical, it was FANTASTIQUE!!! ok, reviews, rants and thots in point forms:

1) the stage play, props, attention to details were amazing... i was so worried i'd miss out something!

2) i personally think raoul (john bowles) has better voice than the phantom (brad little). i melted when raoul sang! :Þ

3) christine dae (played by ana marina) is so short and kecik! like a kid!

4) the orchestra conductor was a woman! dem cool...

5) the chandelier din come crashing down! instead, they just lowered it slowly... so tak dramatic langsung! ok, i know it'll destroy the prop if they were to really let it crash down, and then they'd need new chandeliers for every show... but still, the chandelier was supposed to CRASH DOWN, ok? :(

6) when piangi was hanged, the rope wasn't long enough, so he was hung quite high up... and his body din drop down suddenly, so no surprise element lor.

7) the "expensive" seat i bought was so high up, i couldn't even see the phantom's grotesqueness when christine cabut his mask off... *sigh* had to buy a binocular during the intermission

8) had wanted to buy a t-shirt as souvenir, but dem expensive! $40 for a normal cotton t! that's like nearly RM100... siao!

9) had wanted to get the program book too... but i think it's expensive also. $25!! that's nearly RM60 for one book. so cheapskate rite, me? hehehe... i really should stop this habit of converting and seeing everything in RM! *sigh*

however i din come home empty handed either *grin* ok, will not post all my shopping in here, lest ppl say i'm showing off. but since the main topic of this post is on the phantom, will just show the 2 items i bought from esplanade.




mask keychain for the bf

music box from the esplanade gift shop, comes in a set of 2. one plays 'all i ask of you' and the other plays 'music of the night'. when i saw them, i just HAD to have them! :Þ


and one set is only $28. $28 for 2 music boxes! compared to the prog book, this is more value for money, dun u think? so happy...