Thursday, July 31, 2008

bento #1: bento mania!

saw these in auntyjo's blog and i JUST have to to get my hands on one set! coz i oredi have a flask of the same series, so this will complete my set. but when i went to scour isetan in klcc and and jusco in cheras selatan, i couldn't find it. argh! maybe i was looking at the wrong sections? then auntyjo so graciously offered to help get me a set, as she wanted to get 2 more sets for her gurls.

so auntyjo did a drive-by at my office yesterday to pass it to me... lurv it! auntyjo also gave me a book, a hard cover of "French Women for All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes and Pleasure", from the same author of "French Women Don't Get Fat". so super nice of her! thanks heaps, auntyjo! *muaks* ok ok, i'll start reading it ASAP so that we can discuss abt it and also exchange tips! hehe...

anyway, i've no plans to start bento-ing this week, as i have a lunch appointment today and will be outstation tmr. but was shopping with N in jusco midvalley yesterday night, and i just couldn't resist their packed meals that go on discount after 8.30pm everyday... so i bought a pack of 3-piece onigiri (for only RM2 after a 40% discount!) and i just can't wait to use my new bento box! i'll let the pictures do the narrating now... sorry if the pic quality is not that good, coz i used the handphone camera. no time for proper photo. will do a proper post on my thermos set later. ok ok, the photos...


my fav way of packing my bento! cute tak? very japanese-ish, kan?
and
i love this cutlery set... coz it's a 3-in-1.
very hard to find chopsticks in a fork & spoon set!



i only use one tier of the set, the metal box. the top part (the one with the
+ signs) is just a cover sort of thing. but dunno what purpose does it serve. maybe just to make it cantik kut!


ta-dah! today's breakfast:
3 small onigiri and a slice of pickled radish. yums! :P